Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Beginning

On Good Friday many, many years ago my mother went to the French Quarter in New Orleans with her sister to buy crawfish. They stopped at Cafe Du Monde to enjoy a cup of the famous coffee.
Cafe Du Monde New Orleans French Market
Brennans in New Orleans
While sipping coffee and snacking on beignets her water broke. I was born later that day in the City of New Orleans. My dad bought a box of cigars to handout and went with his cousin Noah to the Saint Charles Hotel Bar and then they moved on to Brennan's where they had 25¢ martinis to celebrate.

And so I had made my way into the world and would get my opportunity to enjoy the gift of life.

1 comment:

  1. Their cafe au lait and the beignets are the best. I've been there at least 3 times and have enjoyed it every time. Now we know more stuff about the day you were born, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete