Monday, April 19, 2010

The End

All men die, it is just a matter of when and how.

"Behold, You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to You;
at best, each of us is but a breath."
Psalm 39:5

So we went from the beginning to the end kind of quick on this blog. It reminds me of the kid asking his friend if he wanted to play Cowboys and Indians. The friend said yea! The kid said, "Okay, bang, bang you're dead, I quit!"
Short game.

I'm not that old as modern day lifespans go, but I'm feeling my mortality more than ever now as a result of my disability. It wasn't that long ago that I told myself at least I should be able to fly until I'm seventy. I exercised diligently, consumed a healthy diet, did my best to live a healthy lifestyle, then boom: I'm medically grounded. There are no guarantees in this life regarding tomorrow. If I'm not yet over the hump and on the downhill slide, I'll have to live several years past a hundred. I don't know if I'll make it to my gravy years which I consider as everything past seventy, but I know southern boys like a lot of gravy on their rice and I wouldn't mind having a portion although I now find that I sometimes have "the want to", but I can't come up with "the can do". That is a new experience for me, but I look at it as simply turning the page on a new chapter in my life.

Though it is inevitable that the time will come when our days are done, and none of us like to dwell on our eventual demise; I am a believer in life after death.

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12

I have found life to be a precious gift full of wonder and adventure and sometimes heartache and pain. I feel fortunate to have had more of the wonder and adventure than the heartache and pain.

Jesus said, "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters." Matthew 12:30
I have done my share of scattering for which I am very sorry and repentant.

I no longer ever wish to scatter.

This is the first Christian Album I ever bought. And, it is still a favorite!

Here is the title song off of the album:


And here is a picture of my oldest son:
He has severe cerebral palsy, but he is a good little buddy and he has taught me that you can find something to appreciate in people regardless of where they lie on the ability spectrum. Cai continues to amaze his mama and I.

Here is a special song his mama composed and recorded because of Cai's inspiration in our lives: Look for the Rainbows!

Here is the view from Cai's window. We have a lot to be grateful for in-spite of a few bumps along the way.



Well now that I've covered "the Beginning" and "the End" hopefully in the future I'll share some entertaining tales that happened in between.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment